Growing 'Gourdgeous' Gourds, Wed. April 4 at CCE Tompkins
Chrys B. Gardener
2018-03-27 13:37:01 UTC
Growing 'Gourdgeous' Gourds!
Wednesday, April 4, 2018, 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
CCE Tompkins, 615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca

Cost: $7-$10 sliding scale fee (pay what you can afford)

Already growing peas, carrots and kale? Well, how about growing a gourd basket to put them all in?! Otto and Graham Ottoson of Gourdlandia<https://www.gourdlandia.com/> will discuss some of the tricks involved in producing a hearty, carvable crop of cucurbit containers! Seed sources, pest management, drying, and a little bit about crafting will be discussed. The Ottosons are recent winners of the national Jim Story competition, the American Gourd Society's annual gourd manipulation contest.

Pre-registration is required. Go to link below to register and pay online, or call CCE-Tompkins at 272-2292 and we will register you online with information you provide. Pre-registration is required to hold your place in the class, and also in the event that a class is postponed or cancelled and we need to contact participants.

REGISTER AND PAY ONLINE HERE<http://db.ccetompkins.org/programs/civicrm/event/info?id=1276&reset=1>

Chrys Gardener
Commercial/Community Horticulture Educator
Cornell Cooperative Extension - Tompkins County
615 Willow Avenue, Ithaca NY 14850
(607)272-2292, extension 241
www.ccetompkins.org<http://www.ccetompkins.org>